This week I want to talk about the health and beauty benefits of Epsom salts. if you follow me on Snapchat (sarahdwan1) you will know I’m always using them. I’m forever encouraging friends, family and clients to use them and I’m always getting asked questions on the subject, so thought I’d cover it here. They aren’t expensive to buy and you can purchase them in most chemists. The wonders of Epsom salts have been well known for hundreds of years and unlike other salts, Epsom salt has beneficial properties that can soothe the body, mind and soul.
Some of the countless health benefits include, relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating cold and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body. One of the simplest ways to ease stress and stress related conditions is by soaking in a bath of hot water and a couple of cups of Epsom salts. YES PLEASE!!!!
Here are only some of the things Epsom Salt can be used for;
– Bath soak; add a cup to a bath and soak for 30 minutes, it reduces aches and pains as well as removing toxins and impurities from the body. You could add essential oils, to have specific effects, but that’s a whole other blog in itself and will do that soon.
– Athlete’s Foot; soak feet in a basin with Epsom Salt to help relieve symptoms
– Toenail Fungus; soak feet in a basin with Epsom Salt three times a day
– Soothe sprains and bruises; Soak in a bath of hot water and Epsom salt to help reduce pain and swelling
– Ease the discomfort of gout; This will help reduce the inflammation. Add 2-3 teaspoons and immerse affected area. The water should be as hot as it is comfortable.
– Body/Foot Exfoliatior; Mix with your bath or olive oil and rinse thoroughly. It will slough away dead skin cells, leaving your skin feeling super soft and silky
– Exfoliating face cleanser; To clean your face and exfoliate at the same time, mix a half a teaspoon with your regular cleansing cream. Gently massage into the skin and rinse with cool water.
– Remove foot odor; Mix half a cup in warm water and soak your feet for 10 minutes to remove bad odor, soothe achy feet and soften rough skin.
I love using them and I think every household should have them.I hope this has helped you in some way and maybe you’ve learned some new techniques that might just ease some stress and help you relax that little bit better. So run your bath, light your candles, tell nobody to knock on the door and just take some time out for YOU.
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
About me – Who am I?