During the summer, at my first Deise Bloggers event, I was lucky enough to win one of the spot prizes, which was a 2 hour guided photo shoot with the incredibly talented Bara Alich from Bara Alich Photography, as well as my hair and makeup done on the day. I was thrilled and couldn’t wait for it and thought it would be great to have a professional image of myself for my social media . You will see Bara’s shots of me throughout the blog.
I rang Bara and we decided on a date to meet in her studio and discuss what kind of look I wanted for the shoot. I have always admired Bridget Bardot and her style, so it was no brainer for me to have her as my inspiration. I wanted to go with the big back combed hair, cat winged liner and off the shoulder dresses…all associated with the Bardot look. Bara was very easy to talk to and she understood exactly the feel of what I was looking for. She showed me a portfolio of her previous work and my God the shots were amazing and I knew I was in the hands of a very talented photographer. We set a date for the shoot and I couldn’t wait.
In the weeks coming up to the photo shoot I’d encourage anyone to make sure you do the following so you will look your absolute best on the day –
- Book in with your hairdresser and have your colour freshly done(although I like a bit of root). I regularly go to Amy Burke from Hair at Home with Amy. Amy is one of my best friends and her skills with hair are second to none. Find her on Facebook here => Hair at Home with Amy
- Don’t forget about your eyebrows…they frame your face! I’d encourage you to get them tinted and waxed. I get mine and all my waxing services done with Diane Everett. Although Diane is known all over Ireland for her incredible makeup skills, her most popular service is specialised waxing. I have being going to Diane for years and I wouldn’t go to anyone else. Find her on Facebook here => Diane Everett
- Book in for a manicure. I went for a classic french manicure with SaraJayne Whittle, based in Dunmore East. SaraJayne is a fantastic beauty therapist and does beautiful nails, tan, makeup and lots of other beauty treatments. Her contact number is 087-9608116.
- For a really glam look, invest in a set of quality false lashes. I went with SOSU by Suzanne Jackson in style “Kim.” They are reusable and of such high quality. They really completed my look. Worth every cent! They can be reused uo to 20 times and are available in chemists nationwide. Find SOSU by Suzanne Jackson on Facebook here => SOSU by Suzanne Jackson
- Buy a bottle of Cocoa Brown Golden Goddess Oil and apply to legs, collar bones etc on the day, gives a beautiful sheen to the skin. Marissa Carter is the founder of Cocoa Brown and it’s so refreshing to see an Irish Woman succeed in business the way she has. The Goddess Collection, is new out on the market with each shade being as stunning as the next. Available in chemists nationwide. Find Cocoa Brown on Facebook here => Cocoa Brown
- Drink at least 2 litres of water daily to ensure your skin is properly hydrated.
- Get enough sleep, at least 8 hours a night, so you will have no dark circles.
- Make sure you have a proper skincare routine and you are regularly exfoliating and using masks.
The day before the shoot myself and Bara met up in Hallmark Jewelers, City Square, Waterford to pick some jewelry and have a loan of it for the shoot…I thought this was a really nice touch. I chose a very simple and delicate rose gold choker, as well as a layered necklace. However, it can be busy trying to get hair, makeup, photographer and blogger in the same place at the same time, and we had to reschedule the shoot for a different day, and in the meantime, Hallmark Jewellers had sold the choker. I didn’t mind in the slightest, as I had lots of my own chokers to choose from and I still had the stunning layered necklace piece to go along with them
On the morning of the photo shoot I was super nervous. I never did anything like this before and I don’t know the first thing about posing or angles. It’s one thing posing for a selfie, you have complete control of the camera, whereas this is something completely different.
I am hyper critical of myself and always pick fault with how I look. Like most women, all I see are my flaws and also like most women, I am self conscious of them. So it was huge for me to have someone take close up photos of my face. Bara was a complete professional and I don’t know how she did it but she made me feel completely at ease with myself through out the whole shoot. The first few shots were all about finding angles and getting used to being in front of the camera. I was in the swing of it in no time. After the shoot, I felt fantastic and I would highly recommend anyone to get it done…for the confidence boost alone. Having been really happy with how the photos turned out, I think I’ll go a bit easier on myself and learn to accept myself exactly as I am, flaws and all. I am delighted with my shots, they were worth every cent.
Bara sees the inner beauty in people and uses her camera to capture it for the world to see. It’s something you will have forever and be able to look back on when you’re older.
Bara specialises in women’s portraiture but does a whole host of different photo shoots including maternity shoots, family portraits, beauty sessions(which is what I did) and children’s photography. Individual portraits are available to purchase from €190. The beauty session fee is €499 and covers complete preparation and fully guided 2 hour photo shoot and includes €300 for prints and products. Hair and make up styling is complimentary. You will find all details on Bara’s website here => http://www.baraalichphotography.ie/ Find her on Facebook here => Bara Alich Photography You have the option of getting your photos on canvas, which is a beautiful addition to any home.
Huge thank you to Bara for having me, I am absolutely delighted with how they turned out. I would highly recommend her and I can honestly say you will not be disappointed with the shots she creates. A super talented photographer with a definite skill in capturing moments and feelings and it was a pleasure getting to know her. Did you ever go for a photoshoot? What would be your top tips? Let me know. If you have any questions at all, contact me through any of the ways below.
Love the Skin You’re In
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Email – email@example.com
About me – Who am I?