Let me start of this post by saying that I absolutely HATE bees!!! Like, ok, hate might be too strong of a word, I wish they weren’t going extinct and all that but I’m just terrified of getting stung by one. I blame the film, “My Girl,” – it ruined bees for me. One day, when I was younger there was one chasing me through the woods and I fell running away from him. There was blood, tears, hospital, stitches but at least I didn’t get stung, totally worth it!
…it’s bees we have to thank for some pretty incredible ingredients that are used in skincare; honey, royal jelly and of course bee venom. I love my natural ingredients and lately, I’ve totally jumped on the sheet mask band wagon that’s journeying it’s way through the skincare industry one brand at a time. So far, I’m loving the trip!
Michael Quinn, from beautybelle.ie asked me would I like to trial a mask of my choice and give my opinion on it. Choosing which mask was hard, given they stock so many fantastic ones packed full of ingredients that I just want to cover my face with! After careful consideration and research I chose Timeless Truth’s Bio Cellulose Bee Venom and Royal Jelly Mask. It won GOLD at The Beauty Awards in 2015…get on my face immediately!
The sheet mask comes folded in the packet, soaked with all the ingredients. They can be tricky sometimes getting them to fit on your face properly, so after unfolding it, I always find the eye holes first, place them around my eyes and smooth out the mask from that area. I was half wondering if it was going to sting, it is bee venom after all, but of course it didn’t. It felt lovely and refreshing. My thirsty skin drank up all it had to offer it. I left it on for 20 minutes and massaged in any residue into my face and neck.
The two main active ingredients in this mask is Bee Venom and Royal Jelly. This combination makes total sense to me given that Bee Venom is known as “Nature’s Answer to Botox” and Royal Jelly is known as “The Elixir of Youth”. Bee Venom, particularly, has gotten huge in the skincare industry recently, and that’s mainly down to the fact that the likes of Kate Middleton, Victoria Beckham and Kylie Minogue all swear by it! It could be a new thing…going for Beetox instead of Botox?!
1. Bee Venom
- Contains a component called melittin, which helps skin cells absorb more oxygen, hormones and amino acids, having a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
- Makes the skin more responsive to nutrients, which helps the skin fight lines and wrinkles.
- Makes it easier for the skin to produce collagen and elastin, which is what we need to smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates the production of new, healthy cells in the basal skin layer, improving over all complexion.
- Usually a bee dies after it stings somebody but the people who collect bee venom have found a way using a glass panel to collect the sting that prevents the bees from dying. So they aren’t harmed.
2. Royal Jelly
- Is a whitish secretion made by the worker bees and is basically, the Queen Bee’s food…The Queen Bee lives soooo much longer than the worker bees and it’s because of Royal Jelly
- Rich in Vitamin B Complex, amino acids and enzymes that help improves the skin’s ability to produce collagen and increase cell renewal.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, it has a healing and soothing effect.
- A natural antioxidant, it helps with dehydration and protection from external factors
- Royal Jelly IS NOT honey. Honey provides nourishment for the worker bees, whereas Royal Jelly is for the Queen only.
My Results and Recommendations
Straight away after the mask the first thing I noticed in my skin was the colour, it looked revived and more awake. Obviously, my lines were still there but my skin felt smoother to the touch and didn’t feel as rough. Fine dehydration lines were reduced and my skin felt a little more plump. The more regularly you use this mask the more effective it will be and I’m looking forward to adding them more often into my skincare routine.
With skincare products, like moisturisers, serums, eye creams etc, I usually would use them for at least 3 months before giving a review. With sheet masks it’s different, you have one to trial and give your first impressions. You will notice small improvements after one use but you’re not going to see a different face. Like with everything, you have to use things regularly to have lasting long term effects.
There are no quick fixes when it comes to skincare.
Regular face masks are vital if you want to fight the signs of aging. I encourage all my clients who come into me for facials to use a mask at home at least once a week, and I encourage you to do the same. It’s never too early or too late to start looking after your skin.
I would recommend this mask for people in their late twenties on or for anyone who has dry, dehydrated skin, or if you’re worried about the signs of aging. For one mask it costs €9.39 or you can get five for €39.23…a saving of €7.72. I think it’s very affordable given the high quality of the ingredients. They are available to purchase directly from here => beautybelle.ie Find them on Facebook here => Beauty Belle Instagram here => BeautyBelleIre
Have you ever used any masks from Beauty Belle??? Do you have a favourite? Let me know through any of the ways below.
Love the Skin You’re In
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Twitter – @sdwan
Email – email@example.com
About me – Who am I?