You’re not really from Waterford if you’ve never heard of Declan Dowling’s General Tonic, which he makes himself. Declan first began producing it in 1981, and ever since it has been loved by families all around the Deise from Dunmore East to Dungarvan. It’s what people pick up when their little ones are under the weather, or when teenagers have exams. It’s for people who have just come out of hospital or if you’re recovering from illness or have a long term disease. It’s for people who simply want to live a healthy lifestyle and for those who want to look good on the inside as well as the outside. It’s for people who want glowing skin, healthy nails and strong hair. It’s for people who want better energy levels, improved sleep and a lift in their mood. It is a General Tonic that, in my opinion, should be in every household in the country and I don’t say that about many things, except maybe tea tree oil and coconut oil!
It’s a 500 ml amber glass bottle with a darkish liquid inside that you take daily. It costs €10. The recommended dose is 2 teaspoons a day and children under 6 can take 1 teaspoon a day. It tastes delicious, kind of fruity, I love it!!! It’s two thirds B Vitamins and one third Iron. When taking something like this it’s important to keep in mind that it will take about 2-3 weeks before you start to notice any differences, it’s not going to kick in over night. So to review it properly I have been taking it religiously for the past four weeks. This is my 2nd time taking it.
Vitamin B1 or Thiamin
- Known as the “anti-stress” vitamin that strengthens the immune system.
- Improves memory and concentration.
- Improves mental alertness.
- Involved in the production of energy in the body.
- Rich in anti-aging properties.
- Helps maintain a healthy heart.
- Helps with the production of red blood cells.
- Helps fend of the deficiencies the body goes through with alcoholism.
Vitamin B12 or Cobalamin
- helps maintain energy levels in the body.
- helps with anxiety and depression, as it lifts the mood and helps the nervous system function properly.
- plays a major role in cell regeneration making it vital for healthy skin, hair and nails.
- needed for a healthy heart and proper blood circulation.
Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin
- a powerful antioxidant. If you follow me on Snapchat (sarahdwan1) you’ll know that antioxidants play a key role in fighting signs of aging.
- boosts mineral absorption in the body.
- strengthens the immune system and digestive system.
- plays a key role in the production of energy.
- ensures proper growth of tissues and organs in the body.
- can help prevent many common conditions like, migraines, acne, dermatitis, eczema.
- main function is in the formation of hemoglobin, ensuring our blood cells are rich in oxygenated blood and are brought to where they need to go.
- it’s what you need if you have anemia.
- without iron, muscles lose their tone and elasticity.
- improves the functioning of the brain.
- regulates the body’s circadian rhythms( physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding mainly to light and darkness in our surroundings), which help people who have insomnia and poor sleeping patterns.
- excellent for anyone suffering with fatigue & tiredness.
The first time was in 2011, after some time spent in hospital, after being diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease. Crohn’s is an auto immune disease that mainly causes inflammation of the digestive system, but also causes inflammation of the joints and skin. It also causes fatigue and lack of energy. Thankfully, I’m in remission almost 3 years, but the fatigue and tiredness, unfortunately, never really goes. So, when I was released from hospital, I went straight over to Dowling’s Pharmacy, Ardkeen Stores to pick up a bottle of their tonic. I’ve heard so many positive things about it before and said I’d try it for myself. That time, it really gave my energy levels a lift but more importantly it helped my body recover and heal after hospital.
About 4 weeks ago, I began taking it again. The lovely Fiona Mahon, from Dowling’s Pharmacy, got in touch with me and asked me would I consider the product for review. I was delighted because I already knew how effective it was and was interested to see the effects this time round when I’m in good health.
(NOTE – I am often asked to review things from different companies and try them out, if they fall short or are not of good quality etc etc, they won’t find their way on to my blog. I would never give something a glowing review just because it was sent to me. Why would I put my name to something that was crap and break the trust I’ve built up with my readers? I wouldn’t.)
This time round, again the biggest thing I noticed was an increase in my energy levels. Anyone who knows me knows that I am the spawn of Satan in the mornings and it usually takes me ages to wake up and feel somewhat human. I have been waking every morning feeling well rested and ready to take on whatever the day throws at me. My stamina in work has definitely improved. My work is quite physical because I do a lot of massages and now I’m not feeling my usual lull come 3 o’clock. I am also sleeping a lot better since I started taking it again and my mood is after improving a lot. Does it help with anxiety and depression? For me, it did, I’m feeling a lot better in myself inside and out but I would have to use it in the winter months and see if it has an effect on my S.A.D. (Seasonal Affected Disorder).
My mind is clearer and more alert and my ability to focus on my work, writing and research has gotten better. I am definitely more productive, which in turn has a positive effect on my anxiety levels. I have noticed a huge difference in my nails…they are so much stronger. I couldn’t be happier about this because I was getting Shellac and Gelish done a lot and my nails were in bits from it! My skin is after improving, but especially in terms of breakouts. I have only had one break out in the last 4 weeks, where as before I was getting a new spot every week. My hair isn’t breaking as much and feels that bit stronger.
Who is it for?
Every single person in the whole multi-verse can benefit from Declan Dowling’s General Tonic. Young or old, man or woman, sick or healthy, it is going to have a positive effect on every system, every organ, every muscle down to the very last cell in your body. Particularly, it can help
- People with any type of disease or disorder, for example Anemia, Crohn’s, Colitis, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Low Immunity, Colds, Flu, the list is endless!
- People after an operation or hospital stay.
- People with low energy levels, fatigue, tiredness.
- Young children who are prone to getting sick a lot
- Teenagers going through exams.
- Anyone going through a stressful time in their life
I happily recommend this product to you as well my clients. As my Grandad says, “I’d give it 11 out of 10!” You could take it continuously or take for a month, break for a month, start back on it again. It is available in Declan Dowling’s Pharmacies, Waterford ONLY… in his Kilcohan and Ardkeen Stores, Waterford. However, if you’re living outside of Waterford you can call and pay over the phone and they will deliver. It is a heavy glass bottle and to post it will cost €8 but they are changing the bottle soon, and this will reduce the price of postage. Contact numbers – Ardkeen Stores Pharmacy – 051-877268 Kilcohan Pharmacy – 051-879467. To stay up to date on special offers and competitions follow Dowling’s on Facebook here => Dowling’s Pharmacy
Try it for yourself and discover the Magic Potion that has been helping the people of Waterford for decades…it WILL help you stay healthy and on top of things in this often chaotic life we all tend to lead.
Look after your body, it’s the only place you have to live.
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Twitter – @sdwan
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
About me – Who am I?