When Urban Decay invite you to one of their events you make sure you’re there!!! Let’s be honest, they had me at skincare and there was no way I was going to miss it. It’s hardly news that Urban Decay is a company that produces high quality make up products, so I have no doubt their new skincare line will be equally as impressive. The new line is all about SKIN PREP. I’m forever harping on about skincare, it’s importance and how you can buy the most expensive make up in the world but if you’re not looking after your skin, you’re just not going to have that flawless finish you all want and love!
The event was on in the beauty hall in Debenham’s, Waterford last week and we were treated to wine, cake and a complimentary make up voucher. There was a great turnout and a few familiar faces, which is always nice. It was a brilliant girly evening with lots of skincare, make up and fashion advice and tips. Each person who bought a product received a goody bag and was entered into a raffle. There were lots of incredible hampers and I actually won the Urban Decay one!!! Delighted with life!!!
Skin Prep Range
Emma Bourke, Urban Decay Counter Manager in Debenham’s Waterford, kicked off the event and filled us in on the new skincare, which I was just DYING to hear about!!! Emma was informative and she answered all our questions really well. She went through each of the new products and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to what she had to say.
1. Melt Down Make Up Remover €30
Photo Credit – urbandecay.com
- light weight fragrance free formula removes ALL traces of make up, even stubborn 24/7 pencils and waterproof mascara.
- quick and easy to use. Simply spray on to a cotton disc and wipe across face.
- suitable for eyes, so it takes away the need to buy a separate eye cleanser, which I love.
- contains Vitamin E, which has a softening and hydrating effect on the skin.
2. Rehab Make Up Prep Pore Refining Peel €29
Photo Credit – urbandecay.com
- deeply cleanses, removes impurities from pores.
- helps with reducing the appearance of large pores.
- its to be used on targeted areas, like the t-zone. Not recommended for use all over face because it can get caught in the little fine hairs some people have on their face (peach fuzz), and cause discomfort.
- suited for all skin types, even sensitive skin
- contains lemon balm and peppermint, both have a detoxifying effect on the skin
3. Rehab Make Up Prep Hot Springs Hydrating Gel €29
Photo Credit – urbandecay.com
- a moisturiser, but a moisturiser that doesn’t leave a greasy film on the face that make up slips off.
- gives the perfect canvas for foundation application
- has hydrating, balancing and complexion enhancing properties
- super hydrating on the skin
- it’s bursting with pure spring water, which is sourced from a 1,000 year old spring in Japan. Because its pure water, it penetrates the skin cells much more effectively, leaving your skin plumper and smoother
4. Rehab make Up Prep Lip Love €14
Photo Credit – urbandecay.com
- This is what every matte liquid lipstick junkie needs in their kit
- Apply at the very beginning of make up application and by the time it comes for lipliner and lipstick application your lips won’t have dried out, like they usually do.
- an oil based formula that seals in moisture and soothes cracked, dry lips.
- contains shea butter and bees wax, for total lip nourishment
Next up, the lovely Lisa Murphy, Urban Decay Make Up Artist and Blogger from Cuddles and Contouring, did a make up demo for us on how to turn an every day look in to a night time look. She shared her pearls of wisdom, some of her must haves and her finished look was simply beautiful. She did the whole demo with such ease, and I was delighted for her because getting up in front of a crowd of people is not an easy thing to do and she breezed through it. A total natural and made it look so easy! Here’s how she achieved the look.
- Priming Spray
- a prepping spray that’s rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- evens out skin tone, absorbs oil and reduces shine.
- perfect product to use for “Spritz O-Clock” – this is when you spritz your skin over your make up through out the day, giving your cells a big glass of water. Particularly effective for those who work indoors with central heating, which has a drying effect on the skin.
- can be used on all skin types
- contains the FIRST patented stabilised form of topical Vitamin B6. This impressed me the most!
Optical Illusion Primer
- this is on my “To Get” List. I’d love this for my kit, and a must have for brides.
- felt incredible applied to the skin, it immediately blurs any imperfection, smooths fine lines and wrinkles as well filling in pores.
- the waay this product is made it scatters the light as it hits your face creating an optical illusion of flawless skin.
- helps your make up last longer and ensures a smooth foundation application.
- has insane coverage, one pump does entire face. I have this myself and it’s crazy how pigmented it is.
- dries matte.
- suited to more combination/oily skin types
- it oxidises slightly but it varies and how much oxidation occurs depends on your skin type, always get colour matched and see how it wears throughout the day before purchasing.
- Urban Decay’s All Nighter and Naked Skin foundations are broken down in to 4 categories, cool, neutral, warm and golden, so you are bound to find your perfect match. With the shade numbers, the ones after the decimal point, like .0, .25, .5 .75, represent these different undertones. Emma and Lisa will be able to determine your undertone and match the shade accordingly.
Lisa applied this onto the face with her holy grail brush Urban Decay’s Diffusing Highlighter Brush.
Naked Skin Concealer
- buildable coverage with a demi matte finish
- super light weight and doesn’t settle in fine lines
- contains hyaluronic acid which will help the skin attract and retain moisture
5. Eye Primer
Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Eden
- Lisa’s favourite eye primer, it makes your eye shadow last all day and prevents it from creasing
6. Setting Powder
De-Slick Mattifying Powder
- soaks up any oil on the face, reducing shine
- it has no colour and works on every skin tone
- contains rice powder that is so lightweight, you won’t even feel it on your face
7. Eye Shadow
Nocturnal Shadow Box
- consists of 12 beautiful shades that will create a range of looks both day and night.
- 8 of the shades are must haves from their current collection and 4 of the shades are exclusives from past sets
Subversion and Perversion Mascara
- Subversion is a lash primer that you apply before your mascara. it makes ou lashes apply fuller and thicker. It contains nourishing Vitamin E and is paraben and fragrance free
- Perversion is a favourite of so many amkeup artists including Joanne Larby and it has been on my “Need List” for ages and I finally bought one, the night of the event. It’s the deepest most intense black mascara ever and it completely lives up to all the hype. Contains honey for conditioning the lashes and marine collagen that protects.
Brow Box in shade Brown Sugar
- a super handy all in one compact box that has 2 shades of brow powder, setting wax, mini tweezers, mini angled brush, mini spoolie and 2 mirrors, one of which is magnified so you won’t miss any stray hairs.
- Perfect addition to any kit and also for bringing around in your bag.
10. Contour and Highlight
Naked Flushed Palette in Shade Nooner
- contains 3 different products, bronze, blush and highlight.
- the highlight was stunning!!!
A brilliant tip Lisa gave for lips was to always topper your lip liner pencil for a smooth and even application! She used 714 Liner with 714 Lipstick – the perfect red combo
11. Finishing Spray
All Nighter Setting Spray
Urban Decay have a few setting sprays so make sure you’re getting the right one for your skin type. For the demo, Lisa used one of their most popular one – All Nighter.
- keeps make up looking just-applied for you to 16 hours.
- keeps your make up looking fresh and it doesn’t settle into fine lines.
The finished look was just beautiful.
Elaine Douglas, stylist and personal shopper in Debenham’s, Waterford filled us in on all the latest fashion trends and must haves. She explained how you can have 4 key pieces of clothing and mix and match to make various different outfits. She told us how jump suits are completely on trend at the moment, which i didn’t have a clue about, because I have zero clue of fashion and I’m crap at dressing myself!
A good tip Elaine shared was that if you’re top heavy and your legs are small, wearing a print pattern on your trousers draws the eye away from top heaviness. Elaine also told us the importance of being correctly measured for bras and that is a free service in Debenham’s that anyone can avail of. Wearing a bra in the wrong size can put unnecessary pressure on your neck, shoulders and back, so a bra fitting is super important.
The personal shopper experience is a free service and definitely something I’m going to do. It would actually be lovely do with a friend or you Mam. You make an appointment with Elaine, tell her what you’d like and your style and she will choose some outfits for you to try on. Afterwards, you’re treated to a tea or coffee in Debenham’s cafe and a mini makeover at one of the beauty counters.
You can book in for a makeup application with the girls on counter and it’s redeemable against purchases. Check out their looks above….I can’t wait to get mine done. Huge thank you to Debenham’s and the Urban Decay Team for inviting me in. I loved it!!!
Love the Skin You’re In
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Twitter – @sdwan
Email – email@example.com
About me – Who am I?