If you’re like me and are basically half magpie, you’ll probably be a huge fan of highlighters. I loooooove highlight, the way it attracts the lights and reflects shimmery beautifulness(pretty sure that’s not a word)! Highlighters finish off any makeup look perfectly and I don’t think you can ever own too many!!! So when Dowling’s Pharmacy Waterford sent me out SOSU’s Highlighter Kit to try my inner magpie was delighted with life!!! This is in no way a sponsored or paid post, and I wasn’t asked to review it but I loved it so much I wanted to!
SOSU’s Highlighter Kit contains 6 gorgeous shades to suit every skin tone. It would make the perfect addition to any make up artists kit because it’s so versatile and you can create a day to night look effortlessly. If you want a nice, subtle highlight this palette is perfect but on the other hand, if you want to be seen from space that can be achieved too. Just layer it on!!! I love mixing shades together to achieve different looks and my favourite combination is “Unicorn Dust” and “Moon Sparkle.”
SOSU’s Highlighter Kit has 6 shades but 2 different formula’s, which I love because it allows you the freedom to really customise the finish you want. The top row of Melted Gold, Moon Sparkle and Shooting Star are pressed powder highlighters. They are more compact, so if you want to look like your skin is naturally glowing from within these are the shades to go for. You will achieve a soft, subtle highlight perfect for day time. The bottom row Unicorn Dust, Peach Smoothie and Candy Crush are baked powder highlighters. They have a more metallic shimmer finish, which in my opinion, give a more intense highlight. As I said earlier, I love to mix and match between the two formulas, especially for nights out when I want to be dripping in highlight.
My Favourite Ways to use Glow Baby Glow
- Face highlight – lightly dust above cheekbones, on temples, down centre of nose, tip of nose, cupids bow, middle of chin.
- Inner Corner Highlight – finish off any eye look by applying to the inner corners of your eye. It really opens up the eye and is gorgeous in photo’s.
- Brow Bone Highlight – to really highlight your brow bone apply a little moon sparkle…I love it!!!
- Eye Shadow – apply any of the shades all over the lid as eye shadow. It really dresses up your eyes! I find this works best if you apply a little concealer on your lid first, as it will give them something to adhere to and make them more intense.
- Body Highlight – Gorgeous applied along collar bones, top of shoulders and down along your shins. I love mixing Melted Gold and Candy Crush for this, it really complements any tan I wear.
Highlight tip – To make any highlight more intense, apply a cream highlighter first, then your powder highlighter on top and voila you will now be seen from Pluto!!!
SOSU’s Highlighter Kit is only €20 from Dowling’s Pharmacy, working out a little over €3 per pan, fantastic value! I personally love it and I’m getting so much use from it in work and day to day! Have you used it? How did you get on with it. Let me know through any of the ways below.
Facebook – Beauty and the Masseuse
Instagram – Beauty_and_the_Masseuse
Snapchat – sarahdwan1
Twitter – @sdwan
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Me – Who am I?